These are by far the best “neatballs” I’ve tasted! High in protein, full of flavor and really easy to make. This is what you’ll need:
For the “neatballs”:
1/2 cup of cooked quinoa
1/2 cup of textured soy protein (TSP)
1/2 cup of raw sprouted lentils*
1/4 tsp. of red pepper
1/4 tsp. of paprika
1 tbsp. of dried oregano
1/4 cup of diced bell pepper
1/3 cup of whole wheat flour
1/4 cup of chopped onion
1/2 tsp. of salt (or more)
1/4 cup of cilantro
1/4 tsp. of black pepper
1/4 cup of dried cranberries
1 tsp. of tahini sauce
1/2 tsp. of chilli powder mix
For the sauce:
2 cups of crushed tomato sauce
1 1/2 tbsp. of dried basil
1/4 tsp. of raw sugar
And finally a box of your favorite whole wheat pasta.
– Preheat the oven on 375 degrees.
– Place all the ingredients for the neatballs into your food processor and puree until its well mixed. Form into small balls.
– Place your neatballs on a baking sheet, slightly oil with some olive oil and bake for 20 minutes.
– Heat up the tomato sauce and season with basil and remaining ingredients.
– Lastly, boil the pasta according to instructions.
When the neatballs are ready they’ll look like this, so just place them in your sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Makes approximately 12 neatballs.
* To sprout lentils soak a cup of raw lentils in water overnight (make sure the water fully covers the lentils). The following day drain the water and place the lentils on a colander. Rinse them twice a day for about two days, you’ll know they are ready when they look like this. It’s pretty easy:)